Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

'Honoured to meet Sachin'

18,March,2010

Source:iplt20.com

Delhi: On the 22-hour flight from the Caribbean Islands to India, Kieron Pollard fortunately had his West Indies teammate Dwayne Bravo for company.

Bravo, like Pollard, plays for Mumbai Indians in DLF-IPL. So on his first trip to India as an IPL player, Pollard had a few things to ask Bravo.

"I asked him about the tournament, our team and the players. There were few other things we spoke about, but IPL was the main thing we spoke about,'' recalls Pollard.

On landing in India, it was still a while before Pollard and Bravo could hook up with their squad, Mumbai Indians.

They finally met up with the team on the eve of the game against Delhi Daredevils. Bravo and Pollard trained with the team on the eve of the game.

But Pollard had another unfulfilled dream till then. He had asked Bravo about the experience of playing under maestro Sachin Tendulkar. Bravo had some great things to say. But Pollard was yet to see one of his childhood heroes.

And then they finally met.

"Sachin met me at the team meeting. He welcomed me to the squad. I could only say thank you and that I was honoured,'' added Pollard with a smile.

On the day of Pollard's debut there were great expectations of a smashing debut. But Pollard instead stayed on in the dug-out watching a Tendulkar master class.

Pollard was not complaining one bit as he saw the master destroy Delhi Daredevils in a clinical fashion. "I enjoyed watching the master at work. I am prepared to wait any length of time to watch the master bat,'' said Pollard.

The tall Trinidadian got to face just 14 balls, but he says he was satisfied with his first stint in IPL.

"Overall it went off well. I bowled a few overs, fielded and in the end we won. What else can I ask for?,'' he said contentedly.

In the coming games, Pollard has just one wish. "I hope I can contribute to the team's wins. That will make me very happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment